Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 02: My first love


Since I'm sure that no one is really DYING to know who my first love was and not being the type of person to kiss and tell, I've decided to approach this topic from a different angle. When I think back to the earliest memory I have of feeling moved by something....I have no doubt that my first love in life was music. I can't remember a day in my life where I didn't have a song in my head....a melody coming from my lips. In fact, I'm told that I was singing before I could talk. I need music. I breathe music. I need it's release.....it's soul.

I will never forget the day, when I was about 11 years old, that I told my mother that I hoped she wouldn't be mad at me because I didn't want to be a nurse......I wanted to be a musician. She just chuckled and told me that she never expected me to be a nurse.... that I could be whatever I wanted. I was in tears because it was so important to me. I was more than relieved that she understood.

Yeah....music was definitely my first love and 42 years later, we're still together.

No comments:

Post a Comment