Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 11: My Siblings


This one is kind of complicated as I have had many "siblings" over the years. Most were in the form of foster children that came and went in a rather short period of time and I promise you, it was never without drama. They all had an impact on me, though, and I have never forgotten any of them.

I have one biological sister. She is 3 years older than me. We are polar opposites. In fact, most people have a hard time believing that we are related. She is the mother of my niece who I adore. We may be very different people, but she's a good gal and I love her.


I also have a brother who was adopted and then "un-adopted" 6 years later but I have never stopped considering him to be my sibling. For 20+ years I didn't know if he was dead, alive, in jail, a millionare.......then one day his face popped up on Facebook as someone I may know. My heart started beating so fast I thought I would die (well, not really DIE, but you get my drift). I contacted him and am proud to again have him in my life. He has overcome much to become the Dad and man that he is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment