Geez.....I'm only on day 3 and I'm already wishing I could ditch this whole 30 day plan. I'm feeling constrained by it's limitations. However, as someone who follows through and does what I say I will, I find myself committed to doing what I said I would do. The life of a Libra.....the life of being me. I swear sometimes I want to slap myself.
So. On to day 03: My Parents
My parents have been married for 47 years. Amazing, right? I think that more than the number of years, the really amazing thing is that they truly still love each other. I was blessed to grow up in a home without parental fighting. They never spoke ill of each other....they never yelled at each other.....they never put each other down. They always stood united.
My parents taught me so much about what it is to be a good person. To work hard....to have integrity....to think for myself....to know why I believe in what I believe in. To have strength of character. To be kind. To be loving when I don't feel the love. To admit when I'm wrong. To ask for forgiveness.....to forgive.
I may not have become the person they had hoped I would be, but I can truly say that I am grateful for how I was raised. I am very much the person I am today because of them.....and I'm okay with that.
boy does that sound familiar! I grew up in that same parental atmosphere, and don't think words can express how grateful I am of that :)
ReplyDelete