For some reason, blogging about my beliefs is stressing me out a bit. Perhaps it's from being raised as a Conservative Baptist.....need I say more? I was raised believing in God....the ONE true God. No other religion had the right One.
I was chosen.

But wait a second....I thought God gave us free will....how come my being "saved" was because I was "chosen"?
And...
How is the trinity like an egg?
If The Father is wholly God and the Son is wholly God and the Holy Spirit is wholly God, then the egg analogy just doesn't work for me cause the yolk is just a yolk.....the shell is just a shell....
you get my drift.
If it's just as bad to think about sex as it is to have sex, then why not just have sex?
It's way more fun,
right?

Why is it okay to use the words "God" and "Lord" and "Jesus" over and over and over again while in prayer, but it's evil to say "God damn it"? Isn't the prayer using His name in vain, too?
Not to mention, I could turn any word into a swear word.
It has the same intention.

Oh, the questions......
My problem is that I'm too logical to not ask questions.
I am too smart to believe just because someone told me I should.
I want to know WHY I believe what I do.

I want to know why everyone I've heard tell their salvation story begins with.....
"I was at my lowest point"......"I was a loser"......."I was broken".....
Can't you be happy and at your highest point in life when you begin to believe?

Why is it that every church I have ever attended has had so many critical, unforgiving and judgemental people in it?
I want no part of the "religious" aspect anymore.
I can't say that I don't in some way still believe.
I'm just not sure exactly what that is anymore.
I believe in loving people for who they are.
I believe in being true to myself.
I am a seeker of truth.
I believe that truth sets us free.

If The Father is wholly God and the Son is wholly God and the Holy Spirit is wholly God, then the egg analogy just doesn't work for me cause the yolk is just a yolk.....the shell is just a shell....
you get my drift.If it's just as bad to think about sex as it is to have sex, then why not just have sex?
It's way more fun,
right?

Why is it okay to use the words "God" and "Lord" and "Jesus" over and over and over again while in prayer, but it's evil to say "God damn it"? Isn't the prayer using His name in vain, too?
Not to mention, I could turn any word into a swear word.
It has the same intention.

Oh, the questions......
My problem is that I'm too logical to not ask questions.
I am too smart to believe just because someone told me I should.
I want to know WHY I believe what I do.

I want to know why everyone I've heard tell their salvation story begins with.....
"I was at my lowest point"......"I was a loser"......."I was broken".....
Can't you be happy and at your highest point in life when you begin to believe?

Why is it that every church I have ever attended has had so many critical, unforgiving and judgemental people in it?
I want no part of the "religious" aspect anymore.
I can't say that I don't in some way still believe.
I'm just not sure exactly what that is anymore.
I believe in loving people for who they are.
I believe in being true to myself.
I am a seeker of truth.
I believe that truth sets us free.
No comments:
Post a Comment